Saturday, May 19, 2007

Jogging

Jogging is pretty much my least favorite activity.

If I had to rank it, jogging would rank somewhere between forgetting to zip my pants up at a sporting event, a camera zooms in on me, and I look up and see myself on the jumbotron with a caption underneath that read "Hey, check out this jackass!!" Actually, just saying jogging ranks past that is enough.

In another sick twist of events, jogging is probably the most effective activity for losing chub.

I can get on a bike and ride it for an hour and burn a 1000 calories, which I did at least 100 times last year, but it didn't do much for problematic areas of chub. In fact, the only thing cycling does for me is, it helps keep me from getting winded when I walk up a flight of stairs, and that's about it.

If I ran two miles in about 20 to 25 minutes twice a week, it would have a dramatic effect on the chub almost immediately.

Anyways, I'm only writing about this because I'm trying to deal with the grim reality that I need to start jogging.

No comments: