Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ben Bernanke is on CNBC right now

I have my TV on mute, and I'm just watching the Federal Reserve Chairman's eyes as he's speaking to The Economic Club of New York, and I must say, he strikes me as someone who's dead inside. There isn't a single spark of joy in his eyes. I don't have to know what he's saying to know I'd be falling asleep if I was listening to him. He's spoke for 30 minutes and not once has he cracked a smile.

Given his corpselike demeanor, I must interpret this to mean that there is no happiness in our monetary system. Bernanke must also know the policies he's fronting for are completely devoid any human compassion. Watching him is like watching a funeral procession of someone who was widely despised.

Oh yeah, and the market is down 500 points. So, apparently, other people see him as the unconvincing douche he is too.

No comments: