Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kurt Anderson on Charlie Rose

I haven't been watching Charlie Rose much lately. Although, as usual, interesting conversation.

I don't have much to say about it. The conversation was kind of all over the place.

He makes a living as a writer. He's a designer. Received a Peabody Award. Talks about architecture in China.

Interview over.

But then, I couldn't sleep. So, I stayed up and watched Tony's Browns Journal, and he interviewed Jennifer Frank, who wrote Complicity.

Complicity is about Northern and Southern slavery. It's subtitled, I think, "Southern Slavery, Northern Lie." She goes over the 300 or so years when slavery was popular in North before it became out-of-fashion.

I probably need to read this book. It would help me lay a deeper foundation for my masterpiece--The New Bill of Rights.

No comments: