Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Fade and The Snap Hook

Went to the driving range the other day.

I was working on a shot I'm calling the snap hook. Which is really just a hook. How it works: On the backswing, I don't turn my hands over as much, and on my follow through I kind of flip my hands over, and the ball draws about 10 yards or so. The ball also travels about 10 yards further then it does when I fade it.

Now, in order to keep the ball from banana hooking, it is important to be mindful of my left arm following through to the target. The ball travels straighter and longer.

I was playing with a guy the other day, who shoots in the 70's. His swing was very similar to how mine in now with these swing changes. Actually, I'm a better putter than he is. So, I should soon shoot in the 70's myself. At the very least, I can feel a round coming up soon where I shoot in the low 80's.

No comments: