Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sports Stories: Issue #1 "Yankees and Boston"

What happened last night in baseball?

Yankees had a big 8th inning against the Red Sox, that's what.

Yankees were down 7-2 going into the 8th last night, and then the magic happened. OK, maybe it wasn't magic, but it felt like it.

Yankees had a 6 run eigth inning to come back and win 8-7. They didn't win the World Series, nor did they surpass the Red Sox in the standings, but enough things happened to get my imaginitive juices flowing--I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I seriously doubt the Red Sox are going to choke at this point in the season, but it wouldn't competely surprise me, if the Yankees beat them in the playoffs, and I'm not really sure how I feel about that.

I still haven't forgot about the Red Sox coming back from 3 games down in '04. Easily, Red Sox's Yankee beating in '04 was the greatest come back in sports history, hands down--I'm not sure how that factors into the current Red Sox equation. Was that victory enough Karmic Justice, or do the Yankees need to look forward to more heart crushing defeats?

I do know there will be some exciting playoff games this year, and I'm not really sure who I'd like to see win: the Red Sox or the Yankees.

Normally, I'd like to see the Yankees win because the Red Sox don't really seem like contenders, but lately, I don't know. I guess this is what makes baseball interesting to me.

No comments: