Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Thousand Splendid Suns

When snugglepants recommended Kite Runner I was skeptical--not cynical. I just wasn't sure a story set in Afghanistan could be really good.

Finally, I read it, and honestly, I cried the last 40 pages the book. It was simply one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read.

Then, A Thousand Splendid Suns comes out. Still skeptical, but only from not being sure he could write a book as good as Kite Runner--How could he possibly top a book that good? So, I gave Khaled Hosseini, the author, the benefit of the doubt. As I'm typing this, it's 5:30 in the morning--I've been up all night. Tears were rolling down my cheeks--again, and I couldn't put the book down...A Thousand Splendid Suns has to be one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read.

Once again, I was surprised by how I completely fell in love with these people from Afghanistan. My hats off to Khaled Hosseini, he has written another masterpiece.

No comments: