Thursday, March 01, 2007

HBO

I'll start by talking about "Big Love" the HBO series. Generally, I'm a huge fan anything HBO, but in this case, I Netflixed the 1st couple episodes, watched them, and decided to take the rest of Season 1 out of my queue.

I won't say "Big Love" sucked because it didn't. I will say after watching 1 or 2 episodes I got it. I don't need to watch any more. I'll summarize the series for you--3 women take turns bangin' Bill Paxton. There, I just saved you from wasting several hours of your life.

I admire HBO for taking on taboo subjects, but they have a tendency to be a little too aware of the fact they entering unchartered territory. It makes for a whole lot of pretentiousness, which makes it painful to watch at times. It also leads to story lines that fall off a cliff, yet they keep going on a few seasons too many. This happened in "Six Feet Under" and the "Sapranos." I've heard this has happened with Entourage in Season 3, but I haven't watched it yet.

I will say "Sex in the City" stayed true to its formula. Sometimes, it was too sappy, but for the most part, it was pretty decent. (Please note: you just witnessed a pretty high compliment from me considering "Sex in the City" was pretty much a chick show.)

No comments: