Friday, March 09, 2007

2 technological advances making George Lucas cream in his jeans!!

I've been meaning to write about this for a while now, and I'm just now getting around to it.

Advancement #1: the iphone. Rarely.....lots emphasis rarely, do I get giddy when a new piece of technology comes along. Normally, I'm simply blase when it comes to people who try to impress with their whiz-bang gagdets. (There's supposed to be an accent over the "e" in "blase" but this blog software isn't as suffistimicated as me, sorry.)

Apple's new iphone is probably the coolest thing that's graced the surface of this planet since Sony's Walkman.

It would be foolish for me to try and describe all the cool features it has. You're better off just going to http://www.apple.com/ and clicking on the iphone link.


Advancement #2: Plug-In Hybrids. From my understanding, it's an electric car that happens to have an engine just in case you go past the range of the batteries. Theoretically, you could plug it in each night and never touch the gas in your gas tank--Martha Stewart says, "And, that's a good thing."

If you ever watched "Who Kill the Electric Car?" it goes into loads of detail about why electric cars will be the wave of the future. For one thing, they have really good range now thanks to improvements in battery technology. Most electric cars have about a 100 mile range these days, which is pretty good considering most people only commute 20 miles max.

The other cool part about having a car that's primarily electric is there's less maintenance involved--but, don't take my word for it, go talk to an electric car mechanic.

With an engine now onboard that means you could take your plug-in hybrid on a road trip. Let's see, I took 1 road trip last year, I went about 200 miles. So, that's 100 miles I could have saved.....carry the 4.....divide the 2.....Oh hell, you do the math.

Plainly, you can see, plug-in hybrids are going to kick ass, and you're going to want one.

No comments: