Monday, January 09, 2012

What if you knew what the last words you ever said to somebody would be?

When I woke from a dream.

It was one of the extremely vivid dreams.

I was on a journey.

I walked up to a roadside murder scene.

They were building a 5-story bonfire in a field across the street.

Brad Pitt happened to be there viewing the mangled body.

I got into a old car made in the 1930's and started driving.

I was weaving through traffic.

I drove onto the shoulder because there was traffic jam.

I was passing cars.

I drove into the field beside the road.

I didn't see what was ahead because of the tall grass.

I drove off a high cliff.

With the rocks quickly approaching...

Brad Pitt held the phone to my ear.

"Jeff, is that you?"

The phone voice distracted me.

It was someone I've known my whole life.

...my dad.

"...Jeff! ...Jeff!"

The only thing I could think of to say with death less than a second away...

"I love you, I love you!"

Rocks in front of me.

I woke up.

No comments: