Tuesday, January 10, 2012

more than 4 birdies in a round

So last week I was playing golf.

I had 4 birdies. ...a personal best.

Shot an 82.

The 4 birdies were the result of some great putting.

I sank 3 from 20 feet or more.

The last one was a 4-footer downhill with about 4 inches of break.

The secret, if you want to call it that, was to keep my mind calm.

I shot an 82, which is not very good. I had 2 triples and a double that kind of screwed up the round, but overall I was happy that I made 4 birdies in a round.

My goal for some time has been to play a round and see how many birdies I could shoot.

There's been an acclimation process.

For a while, I was shooting 3 birdies in a round, and I admit, I would get giddy like a little school girl, but the truth of the matter is, shooting birdies is not that big of deal. It just means you're striking the ball well and putting well, which if, you are going to the range and practicing putting, that's what happens.

The true test has been setting my mind to be calm during the course of the round to accept whatever the outcome is.

Mistakes have been the result of a restlessness mind.

No comments: