Saturday, January 08, 2011

Beefs with iphone.

As far as devices go, I'm still enjoying my iphone.


I bought the 2g iphone about 3 months after the iphone came out. You can also go back to when I first heard about the iphone, and I think I was blogging about the impact this device was going to have on Apple's stock.

Anyway, my iphone is fairly obsolete at this point. Plus, because their software is so rigid, it won't even allow me to upload a ringtone. This doesn't make sense to me. They could upgrade the software, but they don't because they want me to ditch my plan and move into something more expensive.

They want me get locked in for another 2 years with a new device. This is fucking stupid. If they just upgraded my phone's software, I would keep my phone for another 2 years anyway!

I also can't even buy accessories for it anymore.

If I want to upgrade to a new phone, it's going to cost more money...much more. Dumb!

...what they are doing is practicing planned obsolescence, which is unnecessary.

I just heard Verizon is getting the iphone. So, instead of a monopoly, AT&T and Verizon will have their oligopoly, which is basically the same as a monopoly.

Don't expect them to "compete" over prices--prices stay about the same. It's more about control and keep profits for the few.

They could be opening up the iphone to t-mobile and sprint, but they're not, and they won't. The government allows monopolistic (oligopolistic) practices and this is not right. This is not capitalism. It is not free market. It is one company (Apple) practicing monopolistic planned obsolescence.

No comments: