Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I walked 9 and shot a 38...

Which tied the lowest 9 hole score I've ever shot.

It's not saying much considering most pros would look at the back nine on the Presidents course as a par 3 course. Nonetheless, 38 is 2 over par through nine holes, and that's something I've done only one other time.

I had 4 bogies, 3 pars, and 2 birdies.

All 3 pars had birdie putts that grazed the edge of the cup.

The bogies were holes where I made some classic simple mistakes.

In all, it was fun.

It's getting to a point where I can see my mistakes and correct them, and I believe pretty soon I will writing about how I broke par on 9 holes. At least, that's been my dream ever since I first picked up a golf club.

One other thing I've realized is the power of the positive attitude. Without a positive attitude, you can't gain momentum. Momentum is the key to getting on a role of tying together a string of pars. I've notice on shots that I normally consider complete disasters, when I kept my composure and fully concentrated on the best approach to the next shot, my next shot usually has a better outcome. Saving bogie with a 10 foot putt is equally as thrilling as making birdie with a 10 foot putt. It's all a matter of attitude.

No comments: