Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How about an Oscar for best comedy.

Some of the best movies ever made have been comedies, yet nearly every great funny movie has been snubbed and overlooked by the Academy, which tells me that not only does the Academy kind of suck, it tells that they are somewhat incapable of creative thinking.

There are two sides to the theater mask: comedy and trajedy. The Academy overlooks half of the acting world. That's no small overlook.

The unspoken message the Academy is conveying is the only thing that matters is seriousness. It's brainwashing. They've dictated that the only thing that matters is what we say matters and what matters is DRAMA. Half the equation is missing.

If I was an actor, who won an Academy award, I would pull a George C. Scott. I would refuse an Oscar on the grounds that they don't have a category for COMEDY. I would tell those brainwashing assholes to stick Oscar up their asses.

(In my fantasy world)

I won't accept the Oscar until I hear the words:

And the Oscar for best Comedy goes to...

And the Oscar for best Director of a Comedy goes to...

And the Oscar for best Actor in a Comedy goes to...

And the Oscar for best Actress in a Comedy goes to...

And the Oscar for best Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy goes to...

And the Oscar for best Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy goes to...

Seriously, what's the point honoring an organization that doesn't appropriately honor the craft?

For 2008, I say the Oscar for best comedy goes to: Hamlet 2.

No comments: