Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sweeny Todd--possibly the least annoying musical

I've gone on record and said I'd rather masterbate with sand paper than watch a musical. OK, maybe, I haven't gone on record and said that, but if I've ever watch a musical, I have to admit, I've only pretended to like it.

The only reason I like Sweeny Todd is possibly because people are getting ruthlessly murdered with blood splattering constantly.

So, I guess I'm saying I only like musicals only if there's gory killing. Maybe, I'm just cynical, but I think, if you, dear reader, or I were taking an honest objective look at our culture, there is little to be happy about, which is why musicals, to me, are out of place.

Maybe, I have completely the wrong viewpoint. (I could accept that) Maybe, that's the very reason musicals should be celebrated. (because of the bleak realities and putting on a happy face despite that) If that's the case, then I'm wrong, and more musicals should be performed and glorified.

In my special case, musicals with murders are preferred.

No comments: