Friday, May 09, 2008

Don't get your dustpan out just yet.

I didn't watch the Dallas Stars play last night because the bastards didn't show the game on regular TV here in Dallas, and I am one of last known Americans to still use rabbit ears.

But, I did get game updates on my iPhone by refreshing the screen on ESPN.com.

One thing I know is Detroit is a good hockey team. They are a favorite to win the Stanley Cup. They had an awesome season, and the Redwings are kind of the Yankees of hockey.

I have family in Michigan, and I know that it's not football, basketball, or baseball in Detroit. It's hockey. The weather up there is conducive to hockey. Michigan is kind of like Scandinavian country as far as the weather goes. So, people up there really get into hockey, which is why the Redwings have their names etched on the Stanley Cup 10 times.

Right after the game, my mom, who lives in Michigan, sent me a text saying, "1 down-3 to go." Ouch! My text back was "Touche!"

So, if the Minnesota North Stars, or uh, I mean, the Dallas Stars can get their mojo working, maybe they could steal one in Detroit, maybe. Saturday is going to be a good game. The bastards better show it on regular TV. If they don't, I'll be forced to go watch it somewhere else. And, if that happens, all hell is gonna break loose. Just kidding. No seriously, I'll just go watch it somewhere else.

Really, I'm just happy the Stars are making a deep playoff run. They're bringing some respek back to Dallas.

GO STARS!!

No comments: