Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Some nice "up and downs" this Sunday

This past Sunday, I walked the front 9 of the Pres again. I shot a 43.

4 pars, a couple of bogies, and a couple of double bogies.

I had several birdie puts, which I missed--settled for par.

The first cool part of the round was on the 4th hole. I hit my tee shot behind some trees. I was far enough back to where I could easily hit a pitching wedge over the trees, but I miss hit the shot, and it bounced off a tree and ended up 10 yards to my left. I was still far enough back to where I could still hit another pitching wedge over the trees, so I did. I was 100 yards out, and my shot sailed onto the green, rolled 12 feet and stopped 12 inches from the cup. I tapped it in and made par.

The second cool part of the round was 6th hole, a par 3. I miss hit my tee shot, and it was short and right of the green behind a sand trap. I was still about 40 feet from the hole. I chipped it about 4 feet from the cup and sank the put to make a 3.

Nice up and downs.

So, 43 isn't great a score--double it, and you get 86. In my book, that doesn't suck. In fact, it's quite good for a hacker like me.

I'm learning one of the key skills of a good golfer is re-composing oneself after the wheels fall off. Bad shots are not the end of the world, there just part of golf.

BTW, I was playing with my dad and my friend Jeff, who both shot 46s.

No comments: