Thursday, June 14, 2007

Golf is a game of personal milestones.

This past year, I've had 5 pars in a row--a first.

I had 2 birdies on the back 9 at Tennison. I would have had 3, but I hit a tee shot OB. I was extremely happy about that round. Making a birdie always feels like magic. In that instance, I would have birdied 3 out 4 holes in a row, which would have blown my mind.

I've gotten to where I feel like I can regularly shoot below 90. My next goal is shooting below 85.

I've been trying to play at least once a week this year. When I've gone out, I try to develop consistency, have fun, and build on accomplishments--make as many pars and birdies as I can.

I've been playing golf since I was 3 years old--have the photographs to prove it. (plastic golf clubs in my back yard) When I was 10, my dad and I played in a father-son golf tournament on the President's Course at Brookhaven Country Club. We actually played in that tournament a few times--might of even won our flight a few times--that's my story and I'm sticken to it.

Every once in a while, I still walk the front 9 of the President's course--brings back good memories.

For the time that I've been playing golf, I've never hit a hole-in-one, and I've only had about 3 or 4 eagles--personally, I think an eagle is just as cool as a hole-in-one. (eagle is 2 under par, 2 under par on a par 3 is a hole in one)

No comments: