Friday, October 07, 2005

My book is published.

I'm kind of proud of the fact that I didn't become discouraged and give up on writing The New Bill Of Rights. I had the sense all along that it was an exercise in futility for a variety of reasons. But, despite everything, it's done. There are still a few things I would like to change in the book, but I realized the editing process is almost infinite. The book is good enough as far as I'm concerned.

I learned a couple of things during the course of writing the book that I think I already knew, but now, I really know. This country is a long way away from ideal. Professional politicians are really only interested in maintaining the status quo, and they will never make the changes needed to fix the oppressive broken down systems in this country. (NEVER EVER EVER EVER!)

It's up to the American people to educate themselves so that they can overcome the intimidating task of setting in place real policy for purpose of creating a society where illiteracy, corruption, and poverty are being effectively dealt with because George W. Bush sure as hell isn't doing it. His replacement sure as hell isn't going to start doing it in 2008.

So, I wrote The New Bill Of Rights. It's a short book, which actually addresses the major issues confronting the American people. It's actually about setting in place policy, which would actually change the American culture. I'm not kidding. Something big, new, and different is needed.

I don't need to tell you:
1. Our public education system sadistically leaves students behind.
2. Corporations have too much influence in Washington.
3. Drug Laws are racist and totally futile.
4. CEO's of large corporations completely neglect their own employees while giving themselves multi-million dollar a year salaries.
5. American foreign policy is 100% militancy. (This a bad thing.)
6. Politicians have thrown each American 10's of thousands of dollars in debt with the National Debt.
7. At the end of George W. Bush's 2nd term, it's almost a 100% guarantee, he'll take a seat on the Board of Directors of a defense company. (Anyone care to wager.)
8. Our Tax Laws are completely oppressive and confusing.

Anyway, I wrote The New Bill Of Rights. It talks about changing the Constitution of the United States with intention of changing the status quo(1-8), and thereby making the United States a more tolerable place to live for everyone. Please read my book, and decide for yourself if it's time to change the Constitution in this country. You can purchase it at www.iuniverse.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You talk about the insensitivity connected with "Closed Adoptions". The insensitivity lies with "Open Adoption". Here this couple that are generally unable to have children and want them so much are 1) asked to dig deep and I mean deep into their pockets for the joy of having a child come into their lives. 2)Then They are asked to hold their breathes, hearts and dreams before that child becomes a permanent member of their family 3) Then these mothers for whatever her reasons are ( and usually it comes down to wanting their child to have a better life and in most cases will have the prospective adoptive parents pay for their pregnancy related costs) want intimate contact with their bioloical child for an unspecified period of time. 4)Here are people who generally want this child and have by many acounts gone into debt to pursue their family dream now are placed in the position of unlike biological families having to share their new child with someone else unable to adjust their lives accordingly to bond in a secure home enviroment as a family. Why? because they have to share their new offspring with the biological mother that for whatever her reasons gave up this beautiful child as you mentioned for financial resons but now won't really let go to allow their biological child to bond soley with their forever family. How about this new adoptive mom and dads feelings. These adoptive parents are asking themselves, why do I have to share my child that I want so bad and can provide with a modocum of comfort, love and security? Adoptive parents are thinking, in most cases. Absolutely, when My child is 18 years old and feel they need to make this connection we'll help find this. But, in the mean time I'm this babies mother and father, I love this child. We wake up in the middle of the night, take this baby to the Dr. This child is my child to love, and make a permanent part of our family, I don't want my child to think because they were adopted they were loved any less or treated any differently. As their mother & father I know and want whats best for my family but, I know I must also learn that when my child is 18 years old they may want to explore another avenue. You have valid points in regard to health, and just wanting to know where you came from. But, as my child until you are 18 I am legally respondible for you, morally responsible for you and your moral development, responsible for your education and setting up your future. I am your mother and father and biology which was an issue in the homesudy we had to go through is not an issue and shouldn't be. The homestudy makes a point of making sure biology will not make you love this child any less and that this child once adopted is yours to be treted like any other child you may have had. Anyone physically capable can give birth or father a child. But, it is the day in and out grind of life that makes you a mother and dad to a child.